In collaboration with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, IOM facilitates the departure and resettlement of refugees to various resettlement countries. IOM assists with medicals, cultural orientation and travel arrangements for beneficiary refugees. IOM also assists with voluntary repatriation of stranded migrants back to their countries.The main resettlement countries are Canada, USA, Australia.There are also a few UNHCR voluntary repatriation cases to Sudan, DRC and Rwanda.
IOM Travel Assistance
IOM humanitarian support to migrants includes one-way travel assistance to individuals and families travelling/migrating/immigrating to establish new lives in new countries.
IOM travel assistance is available to those holding visas to Australia, Canada, the United States, UK and other destinations worldwide. The types of visas include:
- Humanitarian visas
- Family reunification visas
- Skilled migrant visas
- Student visas
IOM has global agreements with over 30 airlines and has negotiated discounted airfares for the travel of migrants across the world.
- The benefits of IOM travel assistance include:
- Discounted airfares
- Most direct routings
- Flexible ticket conditions. No penalty for date changes and full refund on ticket cost on cancellation.
- Airport transit assistance
- Generous luggage allowance
- Transit visa waiver assistance
IOM travel assistance allows travel and other related costs to be paid by sponsors or relatives in destination countries on behalf of migrants who do not have sufficient funds to independently purchase tickets.
Travel Assistance Steps
Below are step by step guidelines for migrants requiring IOM travel assistance:
- Once the visa is approved, migrants can email, call or visit the IOM office for quotations. IOM Office address is provided below.
- We will need the date of travel and destination for us to give an accurate quote.
- To secure a booking, we will require a copy of the visa, a copy of the passport with personal details and migrants must fill in an IOM travel assistance form
- An invoice is prepared for the migrant to make payment at the bank.
- We will require the proof of payment so that we can issue tickets.
- For migrants needing transit assistance or transit visa waivers we need to finalize bookings at least 5 working days before departure.
- We charge a service fee of USD70 per person and the service fee is not refundable in case of cancellations
Movements Operations Unit Contact Details:
International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
4 Duthie Road, Alexandra Park, Harare
Landline – +263 4 704285/288/290
Mobile - +263 772 565 897